3 - Opening Revelation
The Beginning of Daniel’s 70th Week, Better Known as Revelation
My name is Richard Gentry. I am a retired US Army officer who has been fascinated with Biblical prophecy for the past 20 years. I have written a book, available on line from Amazon, The End of the Anglo-Saxon Age and the Coming of the Anti-Christ. There is also an E-book.
Daniel’s final or 70th week is a seven year period with each year composed of 360 days, the original length of a calendar year immediately after Creation. The Great Tribulation occurs towards the end of this period with Armageddon, the final battle of this age between Satan and Christ toward its culmination. Christ’s millennium follows this final or 70th week.
Israel is surrounded by enemies to the south, north, east and west and Satan above. I believe God intends to clean house. First God will deal with Islam and then Russia. This first part of Daniel’s final week is best noted in Ezekiel, chapters 25 to 39. The fate of Islam is well documented in the Scriptures. Most likely, Israel will soon attack Iran, but this is a guess. Jeremiah 49:36-38 notes the people of Elam, the southwestern portion of Iran adjacent the upper Persian Gulf will be dispersed, scattered to the four winds. God says He will bring disaster upon them, but does not elaborate on method or timing.
Amos 1:1 The words of Amos, who was among the sheepbreeders of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah, king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
The earthquake occurred long ago, but I believe this is a double prophecy with the earthquake also being the one at the end of Ezekiel 38 when Russia invades Israel with the remnant of Islam. I suspect the same earthquake is referred to in Revelation 6:12, the sixth seal. My recollection is that most prophecy writers that I have read believe it will occur before the final week begins. I believe it will occur during the first three years of the week. I believe the destruction will be in four major acts:
1. The destruction of all nations contiguous with Israel save Egypt per Amos 1 & 2. It will also include ISIS per Zephaniah. 2. The defeat of Egypt, black and North African Muslim nations, Turkey, and the mixed multitude which will include Muslims from all over including many of the 1.1 million who have recently immigrated to Germany per Ezekiel 30.
3. The nuking of the Aswan Dam per Ezekiel 29
4. The destruction of Russia and the remaining Muslim nations per Ezekiel 38 & 39. Per Amos 1:1, this will occur over approximately two years, likely within the first three years of Daniel’s final week, but probably not beginning it.
Act 1: The destruction of the nations surrounding Israel save Egypt, but also ISIS. Amos 1:3 And he (Amos) said: “The LORD roars from Zion,
And utters His voice from Jerusalem;
The pastures of the shepherds mourn,
And the top of Carmel withers."
3. Thus says the LORD:
“For three transgressions of Damascus, and for four,
I will not turn away its punishment, Because they threshed Gilead with implements of iron.
4. But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, Which shall devour the palaces of Ben-Hadad. (a title for the ruler of Syria)
5. I will also break the gate bar of Damascus, And cut off the inhabitant from the valley of Aven, And the one who holds the scepter from Beth Eden. The people of Syria shall go captive to Kir,” says the LORD.
6. Thus says the LORD: For three transgressions of Gaza, and for four,
I will not turn away its punishment,
Because they took captive the whole captivity
To deliver them up to Edom. (Note: Most people believe to find the Arabs and Islam in the Bible, you look for Ishmael. I believe you look for Esau, whose third wife was Ishmael’s daughter (Genesis 28:9). Esau’s territory was Edom which contains Mount Seir, which also denotes the Arabs. Hence, Gaza is delivering the Jews to Islam.)
7. But I will send a fire upon the wall of Gaza,
Which shall devour its palaces.
8. I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod,
And the one who holds the scepter from Ashkelon;
I will turn My hand against Ekron,
And the remnant of the Philistines shall perish,"
Says the LORD God. (Note: The Palestinians of Gaza will be destroyed.)
9. Thus says the LORD;
“For three transgressions of Tyre, and for four,
I will not turn away its punishment, Because they delivered up the whole captivity to Edom, (Note: Again Edom best represents Islam, and Tyre was the major city of the Phoenecians of ancient Lebanon. Again Shia Hezbollah of Lebanon is delivering the Jews to Islam. Hezbollah has over 100,000 missles to fire into Israel.)
And did not remember the covenant of brotherhood.
10. But I will send a fire upon the wall of Tyre, Which shall devour its palaces.”
So, Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and Syria begin to fire their missles into Israel. Israel reponds with neutron bombs to Gaza and Hezbollah. Neutron bombs leave buildings intact, but all humans are killed. The radiation dissipates quickly, allowing land for the lost tribes and the remaining Jews soon to come. Syria is a special case. Per Isaiah 17:1, Syria’s capital, Damascus, will be a heap of rubble. Hence, Syria gets a regular nuclear bomb with long lasting radiation, i.e. circa 40 years.
11. For three transgressions of Edom, and for four,
I will not turn away its punishment,
Because he pursued his brother with the sword,
And cast off all pity;
His anger tore perpetually,
And he kept his wrath forever. (via Islam)
12. But I will send a fire upon Teman,
Which shall devour the palaces of Bozrah.
God goes on to curse Ammon and Moab, whose lands along with Edom make up the modern state of Jordan. One should recall that Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, and the nations comprising modern Jordan ceased to exist as independent states with the ascension of Babylon circa 600 BC. They were just another part of the empires of Babylon, then Persia, then Greece, then Rome, then Byzantium, then Islam, then Turkey, and so forth. Only in the last century did they collectively become independent nations or areas again, as the prophets professed they would.
In Amos 2:4-5, God curses Judah as well, which is likely modern Israel, a secular state. It should be a Jewish religious state, actually a Messiah-worshipping state. Amos 2:6-16 predicts disaster on Israel which is modern America and Britain with her former colonies, described as greedy and perverted. I believe great disasters will soon befall America, when the neighboring nations attack Israel, but Egypt is excluded for some reason.
The prophet Zephaniah in his second chapter stated there would be no inhabitant of Gaza and that Moab and Ammon (modern northern Jordan) would be perpetual desolations. Then he curses Assyria which is likely modern ISIS, as both were terrorist states encompassing largely the same geographic areas. Hence, I suspect ISIS will also be taken out at the same time as the rest of the nations surrounding Israel save Egypt per Amos 1 & 2. Zephaniah also relates an Ethiopian or black African component in this attack as well per 2:12. Zephaniah appears to supplement Amos 1 & 2.
I believe Israel will be looking for friends as the world will be aghast that she has used nuclear weapons on her neighbors, even though they are firing huge numbers of missiles, perhaps with chemical or biologic weapons, within her borders. For some reason she chooses Europe, perhaps under the United Nations, to help her. Under European control, Jerusalem will become an international city per Revelation 11:1-2: Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months (1260 days).”
The Gentiles will control Jerusalem for precisely 1260 days. Ezekiel 11:40 “At the time of the end the king of the South (Egypt) shall attack him (the Anti-Christ); and the king of the North (Russia) shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, horsemen, and with many ships; and he (the Anti-Christ) shall enter the countries, overwhelm them, and pass through.”
During this 1260 days span when the Anti-Christ controls Jerusalem, he will be attacked first by Egypt (king of the south) and then by Russia (king of the north), the RussoArab attack on Israel per Ezekiel 38 and 39. The third event that will occur during this time period is the erection of the abomination of desolation in the newly rebuilt Jerusalem Temple.
After Amos 1 & 2, Ezekiel 30 continues the assault on Israel when Egypt attacks with the black and North African jihadists along with the Turks and all the mingled people, who I suspect are the Muslims who have recently flowed to nonMuslim countries all over the world, e.g. the 1.1 million Muslims, mostly Syrian, who went to Germany in 2015. They will be soundly defeated. The Anti-Christ will occupy Egypt and loot it per Daniel 11:42-43 and Isaiah 19:4.
Ezekiel 29:2 “Son of man, set your face against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and prophesy against him, and against all Egypt. 3. “Speak, and say, ‘Thus says the LORD God:
“Behold, I am against you,
O Pharaoh King of Egypt,
O great monster who lies in the midst of his rivers,
Who has said, ‘My River is my own;
I have made it for myself.'
4. But I will put hooks in your jaws,
And cause the fish of your rivers to stick to your scales;
I will bring you up out of the midst of your rivers,
And all the fish in your rivers will stick to your scales.
5. I will leave you in the wilderness,
You and all the fish of your rivers;
You shall fall on the open field;
You shall not be picked up or gathered.
I have given you as food
To the beasts of the field
And to the birds of the heavens.
6. “Then all the inhabitants of Egypt
Shall know that I am the LORD,
Because they have been a staff of reed to the house of Israel.
7. When they took hold of you with the hand,
You broke and tore all their shoulders;
When they leaned on you,
You broke and made all their backs quiver.”
Before Jerusalem fell in 586 BC, Pharaoh supported Judah, but not very well. In the same light, there has been a peace treaty with Egypt since about 1979, but it has been a cold peace, though there has been no war.
8. ‘Therefore thus says the LORD God: “Surely I will bring a sword upon you and cut off from you man and beast,
9. “And the land of Egypt shall become desolate and waste; then they will know that I am the LORD, because he said, ‘The River is mine,
and I have made it.’
10. “Indeed, therefore, I am against you and against your rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate from Migdol to
Syene, as far as the border of Ethiopia.
11. “Neither foot of man shall pass through it nor foot of beast pass through it, and it shall be uninhabited forty years.”
Egypt is the Nile River. Both cities just noted are along the Nile River. Migdol is located near the Mediterranean Sea. Syene is just above the southern border of Egypt. From Migdol to Syene is like saying from Maine to California in America, that is, the length of the nation. Syene is the ancient name for the modern city of Aswan. The Aswan Dam built by the Russians in the 1960s is nearby- 360 feet tall, 10,200 feet across. The lake behind it goes up the Nile River 340 miles, the second largest manmade lake in the world. If a nuclear bomb destroyed the Aswan Dam, an enormous amount of radioactive water would flow to the Mediterranean Sea leaving the fish on the shore and making Egypt unlivable for forty years by man and beast, just as the prophecy relates.
12. “I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate; and among the cities that are laid waste, her cities shall be desolate forty years, and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations and disperse them throughout the countries.
Apparently, Egypt is desolate in the midst of desolate countries. I would expect this to include at least cities in Libya and Sudan, but this may go far beyond these two nations. Per Daniel 11:37, “He (the Anti-Christ) shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women (Christ), nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all.” Hence, he will have little use or regard for Allah, and he may wish to drive this point home to the Islamics with vast destruction among them.
In Ezekiel 35, God again notes His plan to make Seir (Remember this also refers to Esau as does Edom, the land of Esau) desolate. I believe Esau denotes the Arab Muslims in the Bible with the land of Edom being in southern Jordan. In verse 9, God notes “I will make you perpetually desolate, and your cities shall be uninhabited; then you shall know that I am the LORD.
10. “Because you have said ‘These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess them,’ although the LORD was there.”
What two countries is the prophet referring to? The northern kingdom of Israel had been gone for over a century at the time of Ezekiel, and the northern kingdom of Israel never had a godly king. I believe God is referring to the modern world with today’s nations of Israel and America.
11. “therefore as I live,” says the LORD God, “I will do according to your anger and according to the envy which you showed in your hatred against them; and I will make Myself known among them when I judge you.
12. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. I have heard all your blasphemies which you have spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, ‘They are desolate; they are given to us to consume,'
13. “Thus with your mouth you have boasted against Me and multiplied your words against Me; I have heard them.
14. ‘Thus says the LORD God: “The whole earth will rejoice when I make you desolate.”
Most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims. All people, who are not terrorists, will rejoice at the destruction of Islam.
15. “As you rejoiced because the inheritance of the house of Israel was desolate, so I will do to you; you shall be desolate, O Mount Seir, as well as all of Edom- all of it! Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”
I believe not only southern Jordan, Edom, the land of Esau will suffer desolation, but all the Arab nations around Israel.
36:1 ‘And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, ‘O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD,'
2 ‘Thus says the LORD God: “Because the enemy has said of you. ‘Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession.’”’
This refers to the West Bank, the high ground in Israel, which was taken by Jordan in Israel’s war for independence in 1948, and retaken by Israel in the Six-Day War in 1967.
3. “therefore prophesy, and say, ‘Thus says the LORD God: “Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people”-
4. ‘therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD God! Thus says the LORD God to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around-
5. ‘therefore thus says the LORD God: “Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with wholehearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country.”’
6. ”Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, ‘thus says the LORD God: “Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations.”
7. ‘Therefore thus says the LORD God: “I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame.
Apparently, God intends to destroy the nations surrounding Israel and Islam itself. From Ezekiel 36:8 through chapter 37, God relates His plan to bring the children of Israel home, though in a state of unbelief, after Egypt is defeated. God then relates in Ezekiel 36:26-27 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. This will fulfill part of the seventy weeks prophecy of Daniel 9:24
“Seventy weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression
To make an end of sins…” Since this prophecy is for the people of Israel, apparently, at some point, Israelis will no longer sin through Christ’s millennium, though nonIsraelis will retain the ability to sin.
In Ezekiel 37, Ezekiel is taken to a valley of very dry bones that subsequently come together with sinews and flesh and skin. Breath is then given to them, and they live. Certainly the dry bones refer to the Jews. Do the dry bones also refer to the Anglo-Saxon nations who have suffered great catastrophes before they return to the land of Israel? The breath, of course is the Holy Spirit who breathed life into these creatures as He did to Adam in Genesis 2:7.
In Ezekiel 37:14, God again relates, “I will put My Spirit in you…” He also relates He will reunite Judah with Ephraim and all his companions, that is, the other lost tribes. So not only the Jews, but also the lost tribes must return to Israel. If I am correct about the Anglo-Saxon nations being the lost tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh, then the bulk of the English, their former colonies, and a large number of Americans must go to Israel. For that to happen, vast and very unpleasant changes must occur in those nations. I suspect the job of the two witnesses of Revelation 11 is to bring those people home. And it must include the other lost tribes as well per Ezekiel 37:19, his companions when Ephraim left Judah circa 930 BC, not now. The Scriptures are clear that the tribes of Joseph will be separate from their brothers per Israel’s prophecies regarding Joseph at the end of Genesis and Moses’ at the end of Deuteronomy. But God has not forgotten the other lost tribes of Israel or the rest of the Jews.
Concluding the two years before the earthquake that began with Amos 1 &2, the destruction of the nations surrounding Israel save Egypt, but including ISIS, is the Russo-Arab invasion of Ezekiel 38 and 39. Beginning Ezekiel 38:1, Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2. “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him.
Gog is the leader of Magog, which is Russia. Rosh is Russia. Meschech and Tubal are usually placed in Turkey, but some relate Russia. Presently Russia and Turkey are at odds. I suspect this will soon change. The Russian leader Putin would appear to make a good Gog at this point in time.
3. “and say, “Thus says the LORD God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meschech,; and Tubal.
God relates He will bring Russia and Turkey against Israel with Iran, the black and North African Muslims, and Togarmah, which represents eastern Turkey. He will do this after many years when the people are brought back out of the nations. At this time, the Israelites think they dwell safely, likely due to their sponsor, the Anti-Christ destroying Egypt and large parts of Islam in Africa. But Gog will not fear the Anti-Christ as Russia has the best nuclear arsenal on the planet.
Gog will go to a land of unwalled villages, which seems impossible at present. There are walls all over Israel separating the Jews from the Palestinians. And now they are gone. It seems the unresolvable conflict between the Jews and the Muslims has been resolved. I suspect most of the Muslims are gone both from the borders of Israel and within Israel. Gog will come out of the far north with Moscow directly north of Israel. Russia would be an economic basket case except for the sale of natural gas and oil, particularly to Europe. Recently, Israel has discovered a huge deposit of oil on the Golan, and huge deposits of natural gas offshore are about to become commercially available. And Iraq and Saudi Arabia are not far away if Russia invades Israel. Gog comes for plunder, so Israel is booming economically as well as having great natural resources.
When Gog comes against Israel, God responds with an enormous earthquake. “Every man’s sword will be against his brother.” The troops will fight among themselves. There will be pestilence and bloodshed, followed by flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone on Gog. In Ezekiel 39:6, God relates He will send fire on Magog or Russia, and on those who live in security in the coastlands. This could be America and/or Britain and her former colonies. It likely refers to nuclear weapons. Remember the sixth seal of Revelation 6:12 also referred to a great earthquake which could be the same as Ezekiel 38:19. Per Revelation 6:14, Then the sky receded as a scroll when it its rolled up, and every mountain and Island was moved out of its place. I have seen the sky recede as a scroll in motion pictures recording a nuclear explosion. It seems likely to me that nuclear weapons will be involved. The Israelis then spend 7 months burying the dead completing the first part of Revelation, but the Anti-Christ and the kings of the east, at least China and India, and the sons of God (fallen angels) are soon to come.
Christ said the days of His coming would be like the days before the Flood, meaning the sons of God, that is fallen angels, must play a prominent part in the Great Tribulation, supporting the Anti-Christ after they no longer have access to heaven. I suspect they will come as space aliens in spaceships, saying they started evolution millions of years ago, and are back to discover our progress.
Ezekiel 39:17 then appears to leap across the 1260 days of the Great Tribulation to the great supper of God for every sort of bird and the beasts of the field after Armageddon. In the last verse of 39, God relates that He will not hide His face anymore, and He will pour out His spirit on the house of Israel.
My name is Richard Gentry. I am a retired US Army officer with a 20 year interest in Biblical prophecy. I have written a book, The End of the Anglo-Saxon Age and the Coming of the Anti-Christ on the first part of Revelation. It is available online from Amazon, and also on Ebook. I had thought Psalms 112-119 correlated with Daniel’s final week chronologically, but 116-122 appear to be a better fit now. Also the battle of Yorktown occurred in 1781, not 1783. Thank you for your time.